Winner of the Frequency DVD!

You are currently browsing comments. If you would like to return to the full story, you can read the full entry here: “Winner of the Frequency DVD!”.

13 Responses to Winner of the Frequency DVD!

1. Chalinor L says:

Yummy!!! Love them! I kinda don’t like the after taste but I love them anyways! Sometimes I go weeks without having a dill pickle, but whenever I get that whiff of that tangy vinegary pickle smell, I have to eat one… :)they are sooo yummy! There should be a saying where a “pickle a day keep the bugs away” lol. I don’t know if it does or not but it’s fun to think about 🙂

2. Sarah Shirley says:

Well as far as dill pickles go, I’m not their biggest fan. But you should see my husband when it comes to those things. A quick background: Jake’s mom had him when she was 15. As a result, Ed, his grandpa, helped raise him for the first 8 years of his life- up until his mom got married. You should see those two together. They are like two peas in a pod. Anyway, the first time I met his family, it was after we were engaged. We had driven 22 hours to Texas and I had plenty of time to imagine all the things they would hate about me. When we got to his grand parents house I was so nervous, but not for long. I was completely floored within minutes of being there. Jake got almost ALL of his traits from his grandpa. It was like looking at twins. They both sat on the couch the same way, called their significant others the same name (kid) and when we got there, the pulled up to the kitchen counter, grabbed a giant jar of dill pickles and talked for the next two hours while clearing the entire jar. I think I fell even more in love with Jake and Ed became my favorite relative. *sigh*. I love those two.

Congrats on winning the DVD Mom!!
    As for dill pickles??? I ? them!!! sooooo much!! They are the best. Nothing like that tangy crunch of heaven in my mouth! I love them plain, on sandwiches, cut up and in salads, etc. Can’t go wrong with a good pickle!! Have you been canning pickles??

Yay mom!! Marcia, you have no idea how much she loves Dennis Quaid! I think he is one of us kids’ father?! lol And yes pickles are so delicious! I want to can some soon! love ya!!

5. Ramona says:

I love dill pickles but my new addiction is fried dill pickles. They are amazing. I have tired them at a few different places and some are better than others. The best that I have tired was at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building in there Garden Restaurant. Can I just say “AMAZING”!!!!

6. Amy says:

They are yummy. I also love the dill pickle potatoe chips! So very yummy and they taste just like the pickle 🙂

7. Tacia says:

once upon a time I canned some… but i don’t remember where or who with… I was way young. I think my mom was showing me… but i don’t remember. I went to dinner the other Sunday at my roommate’s family’s house and they had pickles in a bowl being passed around. It made me smile, because i love just eating them plain. ^_^

8. Kristie Whiting says:

Thanks for the DVD Marcia!! My hubby is happy, he likes adventure/action.Me? well I love Dennis Quaid!!!

9. Amy Burnham says:

Hello Marcia!
    I do love a gook dill pickle and my favorite thing to say to my husband as I make him a delicious deli sandwich is: “it’s amazing what a pickle can do for your sandwich”. I wink at him and then he rolls his eyes, and I love it!

Anyway, I was wondering if The Visions of Ransom Lake will ever be in book form again? This was the first book I ever read of yours and I REALLY want my very own copy. When I went to order the soft cover form I was only able to choose the e-book version. I’m not one to enjoy the e-books. I really like to have the books. I love to look at my collection of books stacked on a bookshelf and when I read, I like the tangible pages to turn. It’s so cozy to sit in a chair with a book! Thanks!

10. Amy Burnham says:

OOPS! I meant for this post to be with the dill pickle entries. DUH!

11. Megan E says:

Dill pickles are the only way to go … I hate sweet pickles. Yuck!!!! When I was a lot younger :-), my friend and I would walk or ride our bikes to the local grocery store and buy those packages that had one HUGE dill pickle in it with a lot of juice!!! Our other friends thought we were crazy that we bought dill pickles when they were buying candy or gum. They were sooooo yummy … and such good memories too!!! 🙂

12. Marie V says:

I love them!!! I love to snack on them!!! They are just so good! sometimes i crave a good sammie sandwich and they are just the best! i am a canning illieterate. But maybe I’ll learn in the next few years when we start a garden. But my mouth seriously starts to water when I see a can of dill pickles! In fact after this post, I’m heading to the pantry to open a large jar! But it has to be cold, room temperature isn’t as good…. 🙂

13. Idona says:

Dill Pickles where do I begin? I have always loved them .Dill pickles in any form be it whole, sliced ,spears, relish. baby ones, large ones or or chips for hamburgers, are a fiesta to the taste buds! I loved dill pickles so much as a child that Santa started putting them in my stocking for Christmas! My favorite after school snack was a bottle of dill chips and a bag of Clover Club potato chips. I would place a slice of pickle on the chip and then a top it with another chip. The crunch, the taste of salty, and tangy oooooh! I am drooling as we speak. And now they make dill pickle flavored potato chips! ( I have always been ahead of my time!) A pickle by any other name ( than dill) just won’t do. I just bottled dill pickles last week. I have to have them in my food storage! To add just a hint of bite,I always add 1 dried red chili pepper to each bottle… they are soooo good. Enjoy your pickles..they are just another reason for me to like you so much!!