Okay! Okay! It looks as though I need to post my famous “Red Stuff and Noodles” recipe again! It is delicious! Furthermore, my daughter pointed out to me that I make it a little differently than my original recipe states…so I’ve updated it, too!
My kids loved this when we were all home together and it still endures as a family favorite! I usually serve it with fresh steamed broccoli spears and my mom’s “Ginger Muffins”…Mmmmm! Hey! Here’s a crazy idea from your ding-bat friend (moi)! I’ll include my mom’s “Ginger Muffins” recipe today, too! Yum, yum, super yummy! Let me know what you think!
“Red Stuff and Noodles”
2 lbs Stew Meat or Roast, cut into bite-size pieces.
1 large Onion, coarsely chopped
2 tablespoons Butter
2-3 cups Water
1-2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
¾ cup Ketchup
2 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
1/3 cup of Brown Sugar
2 teaspoons Mustard
¼ teaspoon salt
3 teaspoons Paprika
2 Dashes of Cayenne Pepper
Extra Wide Egg Noodles
1. Melt butter in electric skillet and brown meat over medium heat.
2. Add onion and sauté until tender.
3. Add remaining ingredients (except noodles) and cover. Simmer for 1-2 hours until meat is tender and sauce is thick.
4. Serve over hot noodles!
¼ cup Butter
¼ cup Sugar
½ cup Molasses
1 ½ cup Flour
¾ teaspoon Baking Soda
¼ teaspoon Salt
½ teaspoon Cinnamon
½ teaspoon Ginger
¼ teaspoon Cloves
½ cup Hot Water
1. Preheat oven to 375.
2. Cream butter and sugar together.
3. Beat in egg and then molasses.
4. Mix in dry ingredients.
5. Gradually stir in hot water and beat until smooth.
6. Fill each muffing cup 2/3 full and bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes.