The Importance of a Good Stick!

You are currently browsing comments. If you would like to return to the full story, you can read the full entry here: “The Importance of a Good Stick!”.

18 Responses to The Importance of a Good Stick!

Ahhhh! I just so love you!! It is so fun to get a glimpse of what goes on in that wonderful head of yours! A good stick is a very important thing for so many things for sure! And I am so glad that darn Black widow spider will be gone for god so cute Lincoln can enjoy the violets! I am just picturing you teaching Mallory about the spider web! So funny! And yes, Jim Kaviezel is a hottie! I loved him in Wyatt Earp as well! Great post!

2. Kristie says:

LOL!!! Actually Dennis Quaid does ALOT more for me!!! I LOve His gorgeous SMILE!! Makes me weak in the knees!! 😉 — so bring it on!!! I wanta to be entered in this contest!!! 😀

3. Idona says:

I have always enjoyed a good stick! Growing up on the farm in South Eastern Idaho I used sticks for everything especially for poking dead things like bloated sheep, dead coyotes, stink bugs, frogs, and for stirring up pollywogs in a pond. For mixing up the best mud pies, and for drawing directions to somewhere in the dirt for a lost traveler. I am a recently new fan thanks to my cousin Kristie and her girls! I love the time periods in which you write your books. And all the leading men in your stories,no matter how you describe them, I always picture my husband in the roll! Thanks for sharing your talent! And keep them coming as I know I will catch up on them all sooner or later! Love ya!

4. Steph S. says:

I loved this blog. So full of fun facts and memories. I also had to laugh about the Jim Caviezel / The Count of Monte Cristo poking…lol I watched The Count of Monte Cristo just a few days ago. Thanks for making me laugh today, you are the best.

5. I love the randomness of your blogs. They are so lighthearted and make me smile. I live in Washington and its true that there never seems to be any good poking sticks around! 🙂 But somehow I’ll survive. Thank you for your lightheartedness.

6. K. Lou says:

Glad your grandson can now play in a spider-free zone. It makes me want to get on Google and check out different spider webs. What good is stick-weilding if you can’t back it up with arachnology?? I am thinking a black S.W.A.T. jacket and hat would be appropriate, also. 🙂
    You know who is also FINE in the Count of Monte Cristo is Henry Cavil. I love that movie because of Jim Caviezel–but his “son” is no small piece of eye candy. Now THERE’S a poke-worthy candidate.
    I love how my boys always manage to find a stick whenever and wherever we go. They must have some built-in weapon-finder radar. A small stick can be a Harry Potter wand. A big one–a light saber. it never fails.
    Wish I could invite you over for a girls night out to watch the movie Angel Eyes. (I have an edited copy for us non-R-rated folks.) Henry Cavil does a great job in that movie. So, the next time you come to Boise…in my wildest wish-fulfilling dreams. 🙂

7. Misty says:

When ever I am sitting around a camp fire a good stick is a must have. Without it how else would you be able to move the logs around to constantly keep the fire going at its best. At least that’s the excuse I always give for having it. Its more for my own personal entertainment purposes.

8. melanie Adkins says:

LOL!! I loved the blog! Thanks for sharing with us.

9. Dawn Sherman says:

A good stick is a must have tool for so many situations! I do not recommend yucca’s. They do not make t very good sticks. A strong chunk of mesquite sure does!

‘Frequency’ is a wonderful concept. The ability to communicate with loved ones who have passed on would be amazing!

10. Jennifer Hammond says:

I LOVE the Count of Monte Cristo! Have you read the book? It is quite different than the movie… but I still like them both ;^)
    I was simultaneously thrilled and horrified by Frequency and have never been able to get myself to watch it again after that first time in the theater… I remember the whole thing regardless… so you don’t need to put me in for the contest haha! ;^)
    AND a good stick is always great to have around, they are not only useful but can also be very entertaining – when I was a kid we would put the end into the fire just to pull it out and do crazy things with the smoke and watch it blow away with the wind… fun stuff!
    ;^)

11. Lena Mattice says:

I love it!!! I knew there was some method to your madness…lol Thanks for giving us a glimps into your life.

12. Gina Larsen says:

I love a good stick to poke with too–growing up on a fram, that’s a must!

I wanna win a James movie….he’s hot. Fell in love with Count of Monte Cristo because of him!

HUGS!

13. While I wholeheartedly agree with you that sticks come in very handy for a wide variety of things, but I have to disagree with you that there weren’t any sticks in Ferndale! We grew up with an endless amount of sticks in our back yard! And we didn’t live that far away from you guys! lol Either way, a 9 inch slug would have been a nasty site to see! Gross!!

14. I’ve a stick , walking, poking etc. I cut it from a tamarack I use it to poke into snake holes, rabbit holes, coyote dens, etc. My dog gets excited when I poke into holes and little creatures etc scamper out.

I’m gonna send you said stick. !

15. Laura says:

I love reading your blog. It never ceases to make me smile!

16. victoria says:

hi this is my first time here. I love your stick story so awesome. hate spiders especially black widows. we always get them outside in between the door and the wall. I love the movie frequency such an awesome movie when the movie came out on dvd I won the t shirt and hat from the radio station.. the shirt is long gone but the hat is somewhere and oh yeah Jim Caviezal yummy

17. Laura K. says:

I love how your brain works… always entertaining and never dull!!!! Your stories always bring a smile to my face!

18. Melissa says:

Love the big stick!!! And love your books!!!