“The Flaming Heads of Housework”

You are currently browsing comments. If you would like to return to the full story, you can read the full entry here: ““The Flaming Heads of Housework””.

15 Responses to “The Flaming Heads of Housework”

1. Dawn Sherman says:

You’ve just made my day with that story! Thank you! xoxoxo

Oh my goodness!! Too funny! And you know how I love your randomness! Keeps things fun and interesting. Your story reminds me of the time that my sis-inlaw singed her hair. I was dating my husband, her brother, and there was a candle lit on the table. Her and I were sitting there hanging out and we were being silly. I dared her to stick a little bit of her hair in the candle, thinking that obviously she would not do it! She said, “Okay!!” and proceeded to stick a piece of her hair in the candle. I was shocked at how fast those flames licked at her hair and that unmistakable aroma of burning hair met my nostrils. I have teased her ever since about how I couldn’t believe that she took me up on my dare!

I loved your blog post! And you know what? I think it would be a great little snippet to add into a book with one of the heroines!

Oh my stars!! I think I may have peed a little picturing the whole scenario! Wowza! Who knew cleaning bathrooms could be so dangerous! My friend Dayna and I used to twist our hair till it was tight at our scalps, and burn any ends poking out, because we had read in a magazine it was how you get rid of split ends. Well, FYI… it doesn’t do anything but stink and make a bigger mess!;) I love this story, and as a hairstylist, I can’t say I have ever had anyone come in with burnt hair from cleaning a bathroom! lol! Another reason I love you so much!!

4. Jennifer H says:

Hilarious! ;^)

5. Lisa says:

Thanks for sharing Marcia! Now I really don’t want to clean the ol’ bathrooms…hahaha…ya gotta do what ya gotta do. =) Thanks for the chuckle…I needed that!

6. Trina W says:

I can’t wait to share this with my husband. I’ve never caught my hair on fire doing housework, but I have sent enough things up in flames for him to wonder if I have subconscious tendencies to be a pyro. My worst: I kept burning holes in the belly of my shirts during one of my pregnancies. I was HUGE and couldn’t reach the back burners easily; so I kept leaning into those front burners when cooking. The next thing I knew is the belly is smoking. Anyway, he might be comforted to know others have the talent. Thanks for sharing the fun!

7. Laura says:

Thanks for the laugh! I’m sure you weren’t laughing at the time, but it pretty funny to read about later! I’ll remember to NOT light any candles when cleaning my bathrooms =)

8. Gina says:

You are so funny! I can’t get over how the white doily, the pink ruffles, and the way you captured the truth about candle wicks…they are tender things…

See you soon! I am coming to your dinner party and meet and greet in June!

I use All Purpose Windex, and clean my toilet and sinks daily, btw. And you are right….I dont’ like it at all!

9. Lena Mattice says:

You are so funny. I wanted to post yesterday but couldn’t. I wanted you to know you made my day I laughed so hard. Thanks for sharing!!

10. Heather H says:

Haha! Funny stuff! I love that about your husband keeping the old yucky toilet brush and throwing out your shower curtain!!

11. Kelsie says:

Haha I I love this! I burst out laughing at work (blowing my cover that I was in face NOT working) But it was definately worth it!! Great story Marcia!! Keep them coming!
    Oh I will also be at your meet and greet and I’m bringing my little sis and her friend, sadly no dinner for us but we will be there for the other part of it!

12. Lisa J. says:

Love it! I have also singed a few things – I lit my hair on fire while blowing out my birthday candles when I was a kid, then almost lit my hair on fire while lighting our bbq as an adult, and then finally started a grease fire on the stove in the kitchen. Needless to say when the fire alarm goes off my husband just brushes it off as ‘Lisa’s cooking again.’

13. Caralynn says:

Heee Heee! I will always remember that from now on when I am cleaning toilets…(won’t be so boring anymore) Great detail, I could picture it in my head!

14. So funny!!! Thanks for sharing such wonderful, down-to-earth stories!

15. Valerie Wood says:

Oh my!!! I laughed so hard reading this! My youngest daughter and her two friends were being silly playing at the same time I was laughing so hard reading this blog post….they thought I was laughing at their silliness and they started laughing harder…which made me laugh harder because, of course, I knew it wasn’t them making me laugh! But seriously, this is just exactly something that I would do including the delayed thought…what could possibly be causing that?