Speaking of Tarzan…

You are currently browsing comments. If you would like to return to the full story, you can read the full entry here: “Speaking of Tarzan…”.

9 Responses to Speaking of Tarzan…

1. Holly Kurtzeborn says:

How fun! I would love to be entered into the contest!

2. Lena Mattice says:

Thanks for sharing. I forgot about watching that when I was younger. I loved Tarzan!!!

3. Stephanie says:

So fun! I’m glad you’re back to the blogging world, I love your posts:) I want to be entered, I’ve never seen this version of Tarzan or anything remotely similar, so it would be good for me, haha:) Yay!

4. Corrie C says:

When my hubby and I were dating, he talked me into giving his kind of novels by reading the first Tarzan book….the punk! He assured me I’d find romance in it but he didn’t tell me Jane leaves in the end! How do you stop reading a book when boy & girl haven’t gotten together yet?? Needless to say I didn’t stop with just the first book. I’ve never seen a movie starring Tarzan…but hey, my boys make me watch Zorro, He-Man, Spiderman, Batman, Ninja Turtles (I could go on..)….why not have them run around the house in their skimpies swinging from the light fixtures too???

5. Leisha A. says:

My Dad loved Johnny Weissmuller! I still remember him watching the Tarzan movies when they came on and telling me that Johnny Weissmuller was a gold medalist. I’m 24 so Johnny was a little before my time but my Dad’s love for him rubbed off on me. I didn’t even know until about a month ago! I was sitting down with my husband who was probably playing Angry Birds or Words with Friends on his IPhone and Tarzan Finds a Son comes on. I start watching it and look to my husband to see if he was paying attention (he often makes fun of me for watching the TMC channel) he turns and looks at me and gives me one of those “are you serious” looks. I proceed to tell him how my Dad would watch these and that the Tarzan was actually a gold medalist and pretty amazing. He scoffed at my admiration and turned back to his IPhone. I continued to watch it for awhile and then decided to see what else was on. Right when I brought up the menu my husband told me not to change the channel, he was actually into the movie!

6. Chelsea B. says:

I have never watched a Tarzan movie with Johnny Weissmuller in it! But I LURVE old movies, so I am for sure going to check it out!

7. My dad’s favorite Tarzan was Weissmuller too. He used to watch the old Tarzan movies and would sneak a peek. Love them. Perfect for my childish romantic heart.

8. Tami M says:

oh my!! Where to begin 🙂 I grew up watching the tarzan movies! You could say my mom had a crush on Jonny! A month never went by that we didn’t sit down and have a Tarzan marathon!! And of course Jonny Weissmuller was and is the only Tarzan. We tried only once watching another one and it couldn’t even stand up to Jonny’s. His role as Tarzan will always be a classic. I have wanted to find these movies and have my kids watch them. I love that you wrote about his accomplishments! Every time we watched mom would tell us again Jonny’s accomplishments. It was always so amazing watching him swim! 🙂

9. Rebecca Booth says:

I loved Johnny Weissmuller as Tarzan and Maureen O’Sullivan as Jane. They were the best Tarzan classic movies ever and I would be so honored to win your contest!