New Book-The Haunting of Autumn Lake! (No, I’m NOT Kidding!)

You are currently browsing comments. If you would like to return to the full story, you can read the full entry here: “New Book-The Haunting of Autumn Lake! (No, I’m NOT Kidding!)”.

105 Responses to New Book-The Haunting of Autumn Lake! (No, I’m NOT Kidding!)

1. Lisa J says:

I’m so excited! Sounds wonderful! I loved Ransom Lake and I’m positive I’ll love this one! Keep up the great work. We love you Marcia!

2. Allyson E says:

I am so excited to read your new book!! My husband convinced me to read some of his Science Fiction books, but I have to say that I’ve been sorely missing my Marcia Romance! Can’t wait to add this one to my collection!

3. Meridyth says:

Oh, man! You are such a tease!! I can’t wait to sink my teeth into another one of your great stories. Whenever I finish a book I don’t like or that leaves me in a funky mood, I re-read one of yours and all is right in the world again. CAN”T WAIT!!! My husband thinks I am crazy, but, I think I have read all of them at least two or three times. Some, more than that.

4. Robyn Johnson says:

I loved Ichabod Crane as a child!! I need to introduce it to my children…better make some yummy pumpkin treats to go with it! Just got a new book in the mail today and did the happy dance! Can’t wait until Friday to order this one!!

5. Emily says:

I’m so excited for The Haunting of Autumn Lake!

6. Heather Mangum says:

I can’t wait for the book. Your autumn romances are my favorite and you have turned this into my favorite season of the year too!

7. Natasha Rogers says:

Fall is by far the best season! Too bad my husband is a grouch about halloween but I love it all of it! I love decorating in fall colors and I love love love me some Handsome Randsome, so putting the two together will be like pumpkin and pie! You can’t loose!

8. Christine Painter says:

Wow, you never cease to amaze!! I’m so way excited to read this one. So glad I popped over to read what this was about. Can’t wait. Autumn? Love the cooler weather, but before it gets too cold. Just nice for long walks and perfect for starting hot chocolate and wrapped in a cozy blanket with a good book.

9. Kelly Fox says:

I love the beautiful fall colors and hot apple cider, hayrides and pumpkin carving at this time of year! I can’t wait to snuggle up to a warm fire with a new Marcia McClure book!

10. Elyse Bangerter says:

I love every single one of your books:) I want a boyfriend who acts like the guys you have in your books.I am so excited for The Haunting of Autumn Lake to come out I know it’s going to be amazing!

11. Kirsten says:

The Disney version was the first, and sadly ONLY version I’ve seen! LOVE it! I can’t wait for your book to come out on Friday! Super excited to read it! It sounds kissably awesome as usual!

12. Mary Jones says:

I can hardly wait. I love your books,and this one sounds soooooo dreamy. I love autumn. The smells in the air ,the coolness of evening,the fantastic colors and pumpkins. But now I also love autumn because A NEW BOOK . Yes, yes, yes hurry up Friday.

13. Shadow says:

The Haunting of Autumn Lake sounds great! Im sure its just what i need. 🙂 Autumn is my favorite season. The cool weather, beautiful colors, Halloween!, crunchy leaves, perfect reading time; sit by a fire and read…*sigh*

14. Leanna Morris says:

The Haunting of Autumn Lake sounds great! I would love to read it!!!
    I love autumn’s colors, textures, smells…the warmth of sunny days, the cool nights great for sleeping…the sound of tractors and combines in the fields…it’s a wonderful season full of God’s greatness and beauty!

15. Leanna Morris says:

I am so excited to have won the last contest (Monster House). My grandkids are going to love watching it with me! Thank you so much for this giveaway and all the others that you host.

16. Jean Ledyard says:

I can’t wait to read this book. It sounds wonderful.

17. Becky Ipson says:

Your new book sounds great. I love a little mystery thrown in with a good romance. I love to see the kids get dressed up at Halloween. They are just so cute.

18. Steph S. says:

I LOVED IT!!!!! I can’t wait for this to come out. I know what I’m going to be doing soon…reading yet another one of your wonderful stories.

19. Melanie C says:

WOOHOO! I was just looking over my bookshelf and wondering how I was gonna choose between Ransom and Aspen. I just love the fall colors, smells, and sounds. Your new book looks like it will cover all of that and more. I just know my Friday is gonna be better all ready!

20. Ooooh! I am SO stoked about this new book! I can’t begin to tell you how much I agree with your sentiments about fall -I LOVE this season! We just went to a pumpkin patch this last weekend, and I had “visions of Ransom Lake” in my head the whole time! My little girl is just a little over 1, and she ran (and stumbled a lot on vines and the uneven ground) from pumpkin to pumpkin trying to pick them up, babbling with excitement 🙂 We picked her out one, and when we brought it close to her to take pictures, she wouldn’t look at the camera -she just kept giving her little pumpkin kisses (“mmmm-awww”). Needless to say, it put me right in the Marcia fall mood – thank you!!!!

21. Sandy says:

I had to seriously hold in a fangirl SQUEE when I saw the title of this post!

The Visions of Ransom Lake is one of my absolute favorites, and I can’t wait for more! This book is the first Marcia book I ever read and the beginning of my addiction to everything Marcia. My friend started reading it after she had found it on Amazon and called saying, “I have four words for you. VISIONS OF RANSOM LAKE. You have GOT to read this! Call me back when you’re done.” And that started it all! The word VISIONS has been a code word between us ever since.

Thank you, thank you, thank you, Marcia! I have the goofiest grin plastered on my face right now just thinking about The Haunting of Autumn Lake!

22. Cate Sheffer says:

I just love your books! I found your website the other day and was so excited to see so many books I haven’t read yet. I can’t wait for The Haunting of Autumn Lake to come out…it sounds just up my alley! I read An Old Fashioned Romance about 5 times a year lol…it’s my FAVORITE! 😀

23. Maria says:

I somehow stumbled my way onto your site here, and now I totally wanna read this book, and others by you! I have this constant list that I add to of books to buy, and your name is going on the list. =)

Also, I find it funny that you are talking about Ichabod! I had an art teacher in middle school that unfortunately, looked just like him!! It was insanely entertaining, and mildly creepy. I love Sleepy Hollow, and I love the fall. I live in MN, and let me tell you, Fall here… well, it’s the definition of beauty.

24. Kattie Taufa says:

I love the fog rolling off of the field in early mornings as I was waiting for the school bus when I was a kid, riding in the potato truck with mom during the harvest. The book sounds interesting and a surprise.

25. Lindsey Olmstead says:

I absolutely love autumn! To me there is nothing like the hint of a slight breeze and the rustling of the newly fallen leaves. I also love the explosion of color that happens in the fall. Sadly right now I live somewhere where fall is not to apparent so books or movies that evoke the feeling of fall are an absolute must for me in this season. I cannot wait until your new book comes out! I’ll have to add that to my list of things to look forward to. Yay!

26. Erin Bee says:

YAY for autumn! And great books that make your toes tingle! And pumpkins, especially when they’re in pumpkin pie!

27. Kelsie J says:

Oh my goodness!! I absolutely love Handsome Ransom!! And now there is a daughter!! I just about fell off my office chair and gave away my secret that I’m not working at the moment and I’m stalking my favorite author’s blog!! 😉 I used to be a summer girl through and through, but Marcia has converted me to the beauty of fall! I can’t wait to snuggle up under a warm blanket with pumpkin cookies and hot chocolate and read “The Haunting of Autumn Lake” Thanks so much for sharing your talent with us Marcia!! 🙂

28. Carrie Miller says:

I’m SO EXCITED for the new book. Autumn has always been my favorite season as well, and not just because it encompasses my birthday (although that is a big part of it). I love the colors, the way the canyon behind my house explodes like a frozen forest fire. Then there is the smell. Apple cider, nutmeg, cinnamon, and, best of all, the comforting smell of wood smoke as people begin lighting their fireplaces. My family never had a fireplace, but I love the smell of a wood burning stove and I still wait anxiously for that first day every year when I step out my door and detect that smell, the perfume of your Lady Autumn.

29. Marie V says:

I love the color orange so naturally I love pumpkins! I love going to pumpkin patches and I love going to the Pumpkin Walk in Logan, UT! I love recipes with pumpkins…. And chili (perfect in these months) and baking which I do a lot of in the Fall. My husband commented the other day that I become an extreme baker when Fall hits and then I slow down a lot throughout the rest of the year, even through the Christmas season.

And I absolutely love the new book cover and title and I’m sooooo intrigued! I cannot wait!!! And I think it is Autumnish! So excited!!!! Thanks for not keeping it a secret anymore!

30. Jillian says:

Visions of Ransom Lake is in my top two favorites of your books! I love when you continue their stories throughout the generations! I am so excited!!!!

31. Amanda Rogers says:

I LOVE Sleepy Hollow! This was the very first version I ever knew of the beloved story and I love it! Bing Crosby’s voice singing and whistling just makes me all bubbly inside! I LOVE autumn and Halloween and I ALWAYS watch Sleepy Hollow! Except this year 🙁 I don’t have a copy of it with me! Seeing that you love this makes me SO happy! Ah! You just made my day!
    Thanks Marcia!

32. Lori Breon says:

If there is one thing I really, really miss, it’s autumn colors and crisp autumn mornings since I live here in the dry, brown desert of Arizona. I hope I’m lucky enough to win this one 🙂

33. Lehua says:

For me, autumn has arrived and its subsequent holiday warmness when I get pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. The combination of spices & chocolate & soft yummy goodness really get me smiling about the changes of the seasons!

34. aimee evans says:

I have always loved fall and especially Halloween. It was perfectly perfect that my husband and I are two peas in a pod when it comes to this time of year. Disney’s version of sleepy hollow has been a childhood favorite of mine and I have tried on numerous occasions to get my little girls to watch. I fail every time….bummer. I don’t get it. Maybe one if these days…

35. Megan E says:

I love the Disney version too … it was also my first introduction to Ichabod Crane and Sleepy Hollow!!! 🙂 Just like everyone else though, I can’t wait to be able to order “The Haunting of Autumn Lake”!!!!!! I recently got the hard cover version of “The Visions of Ransom Lake” with the awesome new cover and re-read it … so I’m primed to learn Autumn’s story!!!! YAY!!!!!

36. Emilie Westmoreland says:

I just read Visions of Ransom Lake ……again and I love it. I love autumn also-the colors the cool crisp air and the anticipation of the months ahead. I am so excited!! I also can’t wait to read your new book. Fun Fun. Thanks for the recipe. I can’t wait to try it.

37. Katie says:

I was going to re-read Ransom, but I think I’ll wait until I get my hands on this one and read them back-to-back. 🙂 BTW…I tried your caramel apple dip recipe and it was soooooo good!! I just love this time of year.

38. Elizabeth says:

I adore Autumn! Watching all the leaves change color, the crisp cool bite in the wind. Mmmm! Snuggling up on the couch and watching Christmas movies with hot chocolate. Best time of the year!

39. Marche Siefken says:

I found these quotes when I was scrapbooking and they made me think of you and your wonderful passion for autumn!

“Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting, and autumn a mosaic of them all.” Stanley Horowitz

“October gave a party;
    The leaves by hundreds came-
    The Chestnuts, Oaks, and Maples,
    And leaves of every name.
    The Sunshine spread a carpet,
    And everything was grand,
    Miss Weather led the dancing,
    Professor Wind the band.”
    – George Cooper, October’s Party

40. Hayley Horning says:

Big sigh………….Autumn has always been my favorite time of the year. There is something about this time of year that soothes the soul and comforts the mind and body. I guess maybe it reminds me of my mother since it was her favorite time of the year as well, so it brings happy memories of her. I love the changes in the air, the changes in the color of the trees and bushes and just the over all feeling this time of the year brings….

41. Hillary Savage says:

I’ve just been re-reading The Visions of Ransom Lake (for about the hundredth time) and was so excited to see the announcement about The Haunting of Autumn Lake! Can’t wait for this one! You rock Marcia and keep up the amazing work!

42. Ann Hymas says:

Marcia! I am always on pins and needles waiting for your next book and you did surprise me with this! I have not been able to get online for several weeks and the day I do I get to order a new Marcia BOOk! AGH!!! now I can’t wait!! I am sure I will order the e-book as soon as it comes out too! I can’t wait to read all about Ransome and his daughter! Thank you thank you thank you!!

43. Nicole Fry says:

I love love love autumn, but this is a recent obsession. Since the first time I ready your books I have started noticing the beauty of Fall and the smells and tastes. It is now, officially my favorite season. Thanks for not only writing wonderful books that I adore, but also for opening my eyes to the beauty of Fall. You are amazing!! Can’t wait for this new book.

44. Emily Hansen says:

The Visions of Ransom Lake was the first “Marcia” book I read and I LOVE it!! I am SOOOO excited to meet Autumn Lake!!! Marcia, thanks for providing a little respite from the stresses of life. I appreciate it. Happy, wonderful, beautiful, glorious Fall!!

45. Deborah Hathaway says:

There is nothing better than reading The Legend of Sleepy Hollow and entering that dream-like world filled with descriptions such as “the horizon was of a fine golden tint, changing gradually into a pure apple green, and from that into a deep blue of the mid-heaven” and “a small brook glides through, with just murmur enough to lull you to repose.” Who wouldn’t want to live in a place as romantically beautiful as the “drowsy shades of Sleepy Hollow”?!? I wrote a paper on this enticing story for one of my college classes last year, and it has haunted me ever since with dreams of someday living in a place as wonderfully, and terrifyingly, alluring as Sleepy Hollow! I’m so excited for this new book that references it! I cannot wait to hear what else you have to say about autumn and its many splendors!!

46. Angela says:

Autumn means birthday time in my family: 3/4 of my siblings, 1/4 of my nieces and nephew, plus three cousins, and a wedding all in R’October. I got that from a roommate.

47. Julie says:

Yeah for a new book!! I have been itching for some new romance! I, also love the autumn. There is nothing about a cool breeze while walking through bright colored leaves that isn’t just amazing. (That’s probably why I always get our family pictures taken this time of year…)

48. Mippy says:

Hi Marcia!
    I’ve obviously been deprived because I have not read this story or seen the movie Sleepy Hollow *hangs head in shame* Okay, but I looove fall! I’m loving the cooler weather,the smell of wood stoves in the air…crinkle of leaves …faaaaall love it! 😀 I’m looking forward to the new book! Congrats! 🙂

49. Scarlet says:

Fall is one of my favorite seasons. I am excited to read the new book 🙂

50. Rachel says:

I love autumn and winter so much! I just hiked up a mountain and it was so gorgeous to see all of the lights and colors from up high. I love jumping in the puddles and smelling the leaves and the nature. Oh! I am so excited to read this new book! Thank you for writing these books to make my day so much better 🙂