New Book-The Haunting of Autumn Lake! (No, I’m NOT Kidding!)

You are currently browsing comments. If you would like to return to the full story, you can read the full entry here: “New Book-The Haunting of Autumn Lake! (No, I’m NOT Kidding!)”.

105 Responses to New Book-The Haunting of Autumn Lake! (No, I’m NOT Kidding!)

1. Jaime Comer says:

I am absolutley excited for this new book! Especially since its the sequel to my favorite book ever!!!!! Autumn and Winter are definetely my favorite seasons of all time!

2. Julie says:

So excited for “The Haunting of Autumn Lake”. I absolutely adore autumntime. The crisp mornings. The leaves changing color, then falling so the family can rake them up and jump in them. All the delicious pumpkin treats to make and eat. Fresh apples from the tree. I could go on and on, I LOVE autumn.

3. Heather Duke says:

I have to say autumn is my favorite time of the year!! And I can’t wait for the new book!!! I am so excited!!!

4. Diana Jex says:

I thought that going outside and smelling the red grapes ripening on the grapevine would be the best part of my autumn day. Then I heard that you have a book coming out friday and that made my week! I’m so excited for friday!

5. Helen Fleck says:

I love autumn too. But now with a new McClure book to curl up to as the leaves fall from the trees?!!? I mean how can life get better than that? Can’t wait for my daughter to get out of class so I can tell her the fantastic news!

6. Kimberly Fullmer says:

That news made my day! I am in love with Autumn… my favorite time of year! There is nothing like driving or hiking through the beautiful Utah mountains and seeing the gorgeous colors of red, yellow and gold all around you. This book will no doubt remind me why I love this time of year…and you! 🙂

7. Tiffani Hale says:

Sounds like a beside the fire, steaming cup of hot chocolate (or wassail), and a soft blanket kind of read. I love this kind of book and can’t wait to read it!

8. Shannon Rogers says:

I cannot wait to read this!! Ransom is my favorite book so I am so glad you have continued it, I know I can’t go wrong reading anything by you!!

9. Kristie Whiting says:

Fall is beautiful–I agree– but here in eastern Idaho it doesn`t last long enough and usually snow is with it “/ So getting your contest package would brighten my Autumn!!!! I am so excited about the new book–love–love–love YOUR books!!! Thank you Marcia for sharing your abundant talent in writing with us!!! Love you–love your books!!

10. Brooke says:

Autumn is my absolute favorite time of year! I am so excited for your new book!

11. Tiffani says:

AAAAGGGGG! I can’t wait to read this book! I was taking my Junior high girls to school this morning and started singing, It’s Autumn time and finished with I love this time of year, and my 7th grader sarcastically told me that she couldn’t tell. Sheesh. It’s not like I was singing in front of her friends or anything, just my kids. Oh, and thanks so much for the caramel recipe. It is delicious. In fact, I think i’ll need to make it again today.

12. Jamie says:

Yay for a new book and yay for autumn! Thanks for sharing yet another of your works of art with us!

13. I have to admit I am not an Autumn fan. I love Summer, and Autumn is always kind of sad to me because it means my season ends. However….I LOVE things about Autumn that make my heartache not so bad. I love walking down a road and stomping on crunchy leaves. I love taking a ride through the mountains and seeing all the beautiful colors of leaves. I love going to the local corn maze, pumpkin patch, reading Halloween stories, and I love, LOVE Halloween. This year for Halloween I plan on eating caramel apples, roasted pumpkin seeds, and some jello fingers. I love that we have a Halloween fairy at my house. My kids go trick or treating and love it, but who likes their children eating 3 lbs of candy each? So they choose 10 pieces, leave the rest of their candy on the table and the Halloween fairy comes Halloween night, takes their candy and leaves a toy and a book. My children don’t have to leave their candy, but they usually choose too. So those are some of my favorite things about Autumn, and just for kicks, here is the jello finger recipe…
    Subject: Jello Finger Recipe 🙂
    Halloween Jello Fingers

First: Make molds of desired finger using parafin wax. I do this by boiling water and putting the wax in a tin can in the pan of water. This helps melt the wax, but keeps it from getting too hot. You’ll need the wax to be deep enough that you can dip your finger in and it will completely cover your finger. Keep dipping until you get a thick enough mold that it won’t break when you try to remove it. (Usually the heat of your non-waxed hand is enough to help coax the mold off your finger.) You will need a separate mold for each finger you want to make. I stand the wax molds up in a plastic bowl or square dish. Then I use a sieve to help pour the jello mixture in to the mold.

Next:
    Mix 1 large pkg. peach jello
    4 envelopes Knox gelatin
    2 cups hot water
    2 drops yellow food coloring
    (dissolve as you would jello)

Soften 1-8 oz. pkg of cream cheese.
    Add to jello mixture. Mix on low speed. Skim off the foam on the top (so bubbles don’t form in your finger molds.) Cool.

Pour into wax finger molds. Stand finger molds up in a container and put in freezer until hardened. (I cover my container with saran wrap.) Remove from freezer about 45 minutes before serving so they thaw out. The look and texture are SO real!

Enjoy!

14. Rachel Stuff says:

WAHOO! I am so excited for the new book. It sounds great! I’m reading The Time of Aspen Falls in honor of the fall time and now I can’t wait for another Autumn book!

15. Samantha says:

Nothing beats this time of year, pumpkin bread, pumpkin pie, pumpkin cake…..I love it all. I love wearing sweaters, snuggling up in blankets, and reading great books. Can’t wait for your newest one! Just made my “Autumn” Day better.

16. Erin McGrath says:

EKKK!!!! I am ecstatic about your new book! Awesome (non-) surprise. 🙂 It just kinda jumped from the small beginnings of Autumn strait to winter where I live. (We got snow last week.) So I am very excited to be able to enjoy some more Autumn! Plus, I just love Visions of Ransom Lake, so I just can’t wait to read the sequel!!! Thank you for writing such amazing books! 🙂

17. Jeanette Mix says:

I am so excited about the new book. Autumn has always been my favorite time of year, and I’m not just sayin that, it truly is. I love the crisp and clear mornings with a hint of dew on the grass and trees. I love to be able to see the massive spider webs because the dew is on them. There is a certain fragrance in the air that makes meal feel happy and energized.

18. Cynthia K says:

I’m so excited!! I just read Visions of Ransom, AAAAND The Time of Aspen Falls cause I am also in a super autumn mood. I love this time of year. it is the best!
    Tonight is snicker-doodle night!!

19. Kina VanShaar says:

I’m so excited about The Haunting of Autumn Lake!!! I hope it has a ghost because my favorite book so far is The Fragrance of her Name!!!! LOVE! THANK YOU!

20. Madison says:

No WAY! This can’t be happening. For reals? This is probably the best news I will hear all year. Every time I finish reading “Visions of Ransom Lake” I just achingly long for a sequel. Seriously, words cannot express the joy I feel right now! I love Autumn!

21. Kim says:

I’m sooo excited for this new book! And I love the way you introduce it! Definitely reminded me why you’re one of my favorite authors, you’re so fun and not afraid to show your fans that you’re just another regular person, you just happen to have an amazing talent for writing!

As for the contest, I love the Legend of Sleepy Hollow! It’s always been intriguing to me and very interesting! And of course, you have to love Disney! I also love Autumn and it’s many colors, the breezes, the smells. You can often smell rich apple cider at my house and see the changing of the leaves, not to mention the fact that autumn itself has a smell about it. Definitely my favorite time of year! Thanks for adding to that Marcia!

22. Krystle says:

I love autumn!!!! I love how the air feels when its changing and I love the leaves changing! This autumn is sad for me though because my favorite mountain Esquadilla was almost completely burned by the Wallow fire this year. But I know that no matter what the beauty of autumn can find me! I love your books and you! Keep writing!

23. shanna says:

Eeeeek so excited for the new book can’t wait

24. Tiffany Deza says:

Oh Ransom Lake is my favorite hero! I am so excited for this new book! Can’t wait to read it.

25. Ashlee says:

just finished reading Tide of the Mermaid Tears, and can’t wait for it to act like autumn here and stop snowing! Halloween is my absolute favorite holiday!

26. Rachael Lundeberg says:

Oh, my gosh! I could not be more excited for this! I love autumn, too! And since my birthday was a mere week and a half ago, I will gladly consider this my birthday present! : ) Thank you, thank you, my most favoritist author! I cannot wait until Friday! : )

27. Marianne Olson says:

My husband and I began dating in the fall and got married the following autumn. This time of year always makes me feel nostalgic and remember the days when we first fell in love. Each year (and four beautiful daughters later) our love grows stronger and each fall we get to celebrate the beauty of our marriage!

Ohhhhhhhhh!! You just made my day! My week! My month!!! I love the anticipation of a new book and it is so exciting that I don’t have that long to wait! It sounds heavenly!! I love how The Haunting of Autumn Lake and The Visions of Ransom Lake both flow so well. Is Autumn related to Ransom somehow? Or are the last names just the same? Soooo excited!!! I love your enthusiasm for autumn. I’m always sad that winter is on its way, but I do love the autumn weather and everything that comes with it. I am also excited for the chance to win these great prizes. Wow!! What a treasure! Love you Marcia!

29. I love the Legend of Sleepy Hollow! That was most definitely the scariest movie I’d ever seen as a kid, and I love it now! And boy do I wish I lived in a climate that didn’t go straight to winter! I love fall, and I miss it. Can’t wait to enjoy it through the new book! 🙂

30. michelle mickelsen says:

I’m so excited for a new book. since autum has past little rexburg by and we’re heading strait for winter I need something to read while I’m hiding in my afgan.

31. Lindsey says:

I can’t wait to read it!

32. K. Lou says:

Any product of Handsome Ransom is a winner in my mind!!

33. I love autumn. I love hot chocolate, and the changing of the leaves, and carmel apples. And of course I am excited for a new Marcia book! I wish I could buy them all! I may have to buy this one since it comes out so close to my birthday! 🙂

34. Sil says:

Wow! so excited that you have surprised us with a new book!! Can’t wait to read it, I hope it’s rainy and cool when it comes cos that’s the best time to snuggle up with a good book (yours of course) and a warm drink and a soft blanket! I need a break and that would do it!!! The contest sounds awesome also. I love autumn too! I have 2 HUGE cottonwood trees in my yard and a catalpa so we have tonz of leaves to play in when they fall off the trees! My grand kids helped me decorate for Halloween the other day and I think I need more decorations! My grandson Ian asked where the pumpkins were and he’s right I need a bunch!!! My only regret is that autumn doesn’t last long enough!

35. Christina says:

I’m so excited for the new book!!! Yay! I LOVE Autumn! My bedroom in the last house I owned was totally Autumned themed… it was my sanctuary. Just yesterday morning, (for us Canadians, it was Thanksgiving Day) it was a beautiful autumn morning, and my perfectly imperfect cowboy and I went for a ride on our horses through the coulees. It was so beautiful. The leaves falling, and colors vibrant, it was so soothing to the soul. Both of our families had their Thanksgiving dinners as well, so we were well fed on Turkey and Pumpkin Pie… Yumm!!

36. Laura K. says:

I can’t wait to read The Haunting of Autumn Lake!!!

37. Heather says:

Yippee! I am so excited for this book. I’m counting the minutes till Friday. Is Untethered still on for October too?

38. Chelsea B. says:

Ohhhh I can’t wait to read your new book! It sounds wicked awesome!
    I LOOOOVE Sleepy Hollow! I have never seen the Disney one, though! Just the Johnny Depp version 🙂
    Autumn is AMAZING! Cool weather…. sigh. I love me some cold weather. 🙂

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!! You know how much I love Autumn AND Ransom! What a great Autumn treat!! Whis is my FAVORITE time of year, and you just make it better and better with all of these great books! I need to read Sleepy Hollow again, remember we read it last fall? Such a great classic, and the disney version is the best!! Love, love, love all the fall colors around! I will send some beautiful leaves back with Sandy for you!! Thanks for giving us all more autumn joy through your wonderful writing! Love you!

40. Jennie B. says:

Oooo, I can’t WAIT to read this new book! It makes me want to light some candles, put on a long sleeve shirt, and go play in the leaves!

41. Idona says:

Autumn never lasts long enough for me! I love the sights and smells and sounds of Autumn. The crunch of fallen leaves under foot on a nice brisk,sun filled afternoon walk. The colors changing on the mountain tops and tree lined streets. The smell of apples ,pumpkins, and spices that fill the kitchen with comfort food like mom use to make. A favorite spot to curl up and soak in the fall sun while reading your new book” The Haunting Of Autumn Lake” can’t wait I am salivating for it! Sleepy Hollow? Disney was my favorite.. Ichabod on his horse trip trapping over the bridge, the colors and artistry of Disney at its classic best!

42. Emily says:

Yay! I need a new book to read. Love you Marcia!

43. I also LOVE Autumn. I’m not a big fan of the cold, cold winter, but I love this time of year, before it get’s really cold. I’ve just updated my blog to be more ‘fallish’! Congrats on the new book coming out!

44. Karlee says:

My job keeps me outside and I love the cool autumn air, but I also love when the day is over because then I can make some hot chocolate, wrap myself up a blanket, and read an amazing romance novel by Marcia. I can’t wait to get The Haunting of Autumn Lake!!!

45. Danielle Hancock says:

You would not believe this! My mom and I were talking about your books the other day, and she mentioned that she’d read that there was going to be a surprise in October. I said it was probably going to be Midnight Masquarade, but she said, and I quote, “Don’t you think it would be so fun if she came out with a sequel to ‘the Visions of Ransom Lake?'” I was like, “Yeah, that would be fun, but it’s not going to happen.” Man, she must be a psychic or something! She ALWAYS guesses right about stuff like this! I should’ve known!

46. Taegan E. says:

I was so excited to hear about the book! The Visions of Ransom Lake was the first book of yours I ever read and loved it! I cannot wait to read this one!
    As for Autumn, it is absolutely my favorite season. The first day that the weather turns cool (and in Phoenix, that takes a while!) is absolutely my favorite time of the year! I just wish we had the changing of the leaves here! And you can’t beat all the holidays in this season–Halloween and Thanksgiving, who can top that!
    As a bit of a prankster myself though…Halloween is my favorite 🙂 I once dressed as a ‘headless horseman’ and hid in my roommate’s closet…she about died. And we got it all on video. Good laughs! I love this time of year!

47. Ramona says:

I am so excited for your new book coming out. I am loving fall right and this will even make it better. I know what I am doing this weekend:)

48. Melody says:

This news just made my day! I am not a fan of fall so much, but I love the fall themed books, so it helps my down mood this week. Just exactly what I was needing. Marcia knows, like always. 😉

49. Sarah Crump says:

YAY! I am super excited for your new book! This is so awesome! I can’t wait to read it! 🙂

50. Melissa Rivers says:

The Haunting of Autumn Lake! So excited!! This time of year is the best. Fires, toasted marshmallows and hot chocolate! It can’t get any better then that!