My Jobs Before Being and Author

You are currently browsing comments. If you would like to return to the full story, you can read the full entry here: “My Jobs Before Being and Author”.

8 Responses to My Jobs Before Being and Author

That was so fun to read and very interesting! I haven’t had very many jobs in my lifetime, as I started my wife/mommy job at a young age, but I have to agree that it is my most favorite job! And being a mommy is all I ever wanted to be when I was growing up. I didn’t want to go to college or anything. I wanted to be a mommy! Best job EVER!! Loved the post!

Marcia! You are quite the Jack-ie of all trades! Wow! How fun to read that! I am boring…grocery store thru high school and college, salons after that and now being CEO of the Hall family! I love it! Great post, it is always fun getting to know you more and more!!

3. Nicole N. says:

Saw that this blog was per the request of my friend Holly K. & decided I had to read it STAT!! I loved hearing about your various jobs! They definately didn`t make me yawn! Boy, it sounds like you enjoyed most of them! 😉 & knowing Holly, she would have loved this update were it just a few sentences or even if it had been twice as long as it was! 🙂 Thanks for the update!

4. Amy says:

Marcia,
    Thanks I really enjoyed reading your post and learning more about you. What fun and interesting jobs you have had.

5. Holly Kurtzeborn says:

I loved it! I wasn’t bored one bit! You are so well-rounded! How fun for you to be able to work so close with your mom! I can now see where you got the inspiration for Breck and Sayler as receptionist/secretaries. You lived it in real life! When I was in high school, I used to fold a lady’s laundry (who had 4 kids, so there were lots of clothes)! She didn’t mind washing/rotating it. But she loathed folding it! So she hired me to come over and do it after school once a week. Her couch and loveseat would be HEAPING with everything the family had worn for the week, and I would fold for 2-3 hours! What is it about laundry/ironing that makes a woman desperate enough to hire out for it? 🙂 Haha! You have a beautiful singing voice! It doesn’t surprise me that you would be the lead female vocalist! I watched your video (I think on facebook?) where you sang in someone’s home with a bunch of women around you. Your voice is amazing! How neat that you got to work for Orson Scott Card! I’ve heard that he’s a good author, but I haven’t read any of his books yet. Is there kissing in his books? 😉

In your new (shirtless & yummy) version of Kissing Cousins, in the author’s note, one of the snippets was about your son wanting to see the Statue of Liberty one summer. You had mentioned that luckily enough Kevin had to go back east as part of his job, so your son’s wish was fulfilled! So I just got to thinking, “What does Mr. Inspiration do?!” I thinks it’s great that you get to work together now! I’m SO glad that you two do what you do! Your books are amazing and I just love ya girl!! It was fun getting to learn more about your past and what makes you who you are! Loved the post!

6. Candy M. says:

I enjoyed reading this post! I don’t think anything you write is boring, you have a gift! I too had a job ironing for a short time. I was a young mother trying to figure out how to work and stay home with her sweet baby boy. So I ran a little want ad for ironing, 50 cents a piece. I had a couple of men that responded and I would iron their shirts. It didn’t take me long to discover I wasn’t going to make much money! I iron way too slow! Lol, that was in the mid 80’s. I have been fortunate enough to be a stay at home mom for almost all of our, soon to be 26 (in July) marriage.

7. Lisa J. says:

Thanks for the info. I found it interesting – as I do with everything you ever write!

8. Kachina says:

My parents went to Ricks around the same time as you. My dad from 81-83, and my mom from 84-86. Funny enough they didn’t even meet until they both went to ISU. Anyhoo…I told my mom about the fact you guys went to college around the same time and she brought out a couple of yearbooks, but we couldn’t find you. Then again I didn’t know what last name to look you up under.
    I LOVE coincidences! They’re fun!