My “Irrestitibles!” (Winner and New Contest, Too!)

You are currently browsing comments. If you would like to return to the full story, you can read the full entry here: “My “Irrestitibles!” (Winner and New Contest, Too!)”.

36 Responses to My “Irrestitibles!” (Winner and New Contest, Too!)

1. Becky B says:

Calamity Jane is one of my all time favorites! I melt every time Doris Day and Howard Keel sing “The Black Hills of Dakota”. *swoon*

2. Lynette Dyer says:

My irresistibles are chocolate covered cinnamon bears, Jelly Belly jelly beans – especially cinnamon and licorice flavored ones and sugar cookies!!! Lots and lots of soft, frosted sugar cookies – they taste even better if the frosting is pink!!!

Thank you for the dessert recipe! It looks similar to something my mom makes :0)

3. Tiffani says:

Homemade caramel! Opened can of pringles (if it’s not open, I can resist it for a while). Soda cracker candy. Anything with Chocolate!

4. Gabrielle Hannon says:

Unfortunately I have a long list of irresistibles but the worst ones are Guittard milk chocolate chips ( I can resist any other kind of chocolate but that), ginger spice cookies, homemade cinnamon rolls with cream cheese frosting (hmmmm), and kissing my babies. Thank goodness my favorite one happens to be calorie free!

5. aimee evans says:

My # love that I can never refuse…outside of my husband of course…is ice cream….and not just any ice cream…it has to be coldstone ice cream. Pick your ice cream…pick your mix-in’s and tada! A magical treat that I can never say no to. In fact Wednesday night is my coldstone night. Get a big bowl of it…turn on ghost hunters and relax.

6. Peggy H. Meyers says:

My irresistibles are Chocolate-covered Peanuts and Candy-coated Almonds. I avoid buying them because I know I will eat the whole bag!!

7. Steph S. says:

1 – Cinnamon Sugar Roasted Almonds
    2 – Kettle Cooked Mesquite BBQ chips
    3 – Vanilla or Lime Tootsie Rolls

On a side note…this is the movie that made me fall in love with Howard Keel.

8. Sandy says:

Oh, I LOVE Doris Day!

I cannot resist salt and vinegar potato chips. I just can’t buy them because my willpower is too weak if they’re in the house. I’m also crazy about holiday candy…candy hearts at Valentine’s Day, Cadbury creme eggs at Easter, those peppermint nougats with the Christmas tree that my family hates.

I also have no willpower when it comes to your books, Marcia! I’ve read every single one of them in one sitting, usually staying up until 3:00 a.m. because I always start one at bedtime. I went on this huge binge this summer when my husband was out of town and read something like twelve of your books in one week.

What a great movie! All of your irresistible goodies sound so yummy! Mine are (in no order):
    jerky, any chips (bbq are my fav), mountain dew, ferrero rocher chocolates, butterfinger, reece’s pb cups, any chocolate really, Sour Patch Watermelon slices, Sour Patch Exploderz, cashews, chicken in a biscuit crackers with easy cheese, summer sausage with crackers, cheese, and dijon mustard, fudge. There are so many!!

10. Becca O. says:

Oh what fun- I simply adore Doris Day!! *crossing my fingers*

My irresistibles are:
    1- Lindt dark chocolate truffles (heaven in a ball, seriously!)
    2- Ferrero Rocher (hazelnut and chocolate deliciousness!)
    3- Kinder Happy Hippo (again with the hazelnut and European chocolate- it’s an addiction)
    4- Reeses Peanut Butter Cups- oh yum!
    5- Thin Mints!
    6- Mint Chocolate Chip, Cookie Dough, and Moose Track Ice Cream

Are you sensing the theme here? Yea, when it comes to chocolate- I just can’t resist. Although now that I’m pregnant, I CRAVE salt and can’t resist a bag of Sour Cream and Cheddar Lays, BBQ Fritos, crispy french fries (with fry sauce) or any variety of Pringles. Yummm. Okay- now I need to go scavenge the cupboards for some irresistibles. This can’t be healthy. lol.

11. Kelly says:

I adore Doris Day! She has so much spunk. Calamity Jane is such a good movie. I love these treats! I mean who doesn’t love M&Ms and Delicious chocolate with great classic movies?!

12. Lindsey Olmstead says:

My irresistibles are:
    1) Doritos sweet and spicy chili chips
    2) Reese’s peanut butter cups
    3) Sour patch kids
    4) Butterfingers
    5) Swedish Fish
    6) Peanut M&Ms
    Mmm! Now I really want some. Haha! Good thing I don’t have any in the house. :0)

13. Ramona says:

I love that movie! The thing I like the most if I am craving sugar is cake and if I am craving salt it is Cheetos Puffs. YUM……….

Oh dear!! This could take awhile! I have a lot! My favorite-est are
    Cheeto Puffs (I haven’t tried the twists, but I now must!)
    Barbeque Pop Chips (Costco-sized=TROUBLE!)
    Reeces PB cups, any size..I love them all!
    PB M&M’s
    Chips and Salsa and Guac!!
    Corn puffs with melted white chocolate…the death of me, but what a way to go!!
    AND! My mom makes that dessert, and it is Trav’s favorite! I need to make it again!!
    K, I will stop there, Doris Day and Howard Keel are the best, although I haven’t seen that movie! I am putting it on my list!!
    Now…must make white chocolate puffs…..ahhhhhhhhhhh!!

15. Chelsey says:

My #1 irrisitable is brownies. It doesn’t matter how full I am, I can ALWAYS eat at least one brownie slice. My only other weaknest is Dr. Pepper. I know horrible! W/ that in mind I actually made a New Years resolution to give up it up. I’ve been doing good so far. I definitely don’t think I could do that w/ brownies though. 🙂

16. Britney Stapley says:

I can’t resist anything Reese’s. I even used to hate chocolate when I was little, but Reese’s gets me every time.

17. Nikki Walls says:

My irresistables are pretty much anything chocolate, but especially Reese’s.

18. Carrie Miller says:

The following are some of my irresistibles, both edible and otherwise are:
    1-Homemade peanut cluster chocolates made with Peter’s chocolate
    2-Dad milkshakes: chocolate milk+chocolate ice cream+banana+butterfinger
    3-Movies: if I have one in the house that I haven’t seen yet, I must watch it! But I’ll settle for my favorites, over and over again.
    4-New books, especially by my favorite authors. I have to time my purchases/rentals of Marcia’s books and Tamora Pierce books very carefully because I know that once I have them in hand, there will be no homework, chores, errands, or sleep until I am finished.
    5-Pie

19. Kirsten says:

Where, oh where do I start?! In no particular order either!
    1. Lindor Truffles. Extra dark.
    2. Cherry Cordial Hershey Kisses.
    3. Cheetos twists!
    4. My homemade chocolate chip cookies!
    5. Florence’s Chocolates from Rexburg, ID. Truly, the BEST hand dipped chocolates known to man!

20. Carol L says:

How funny with your peanuts and M&M’s. Mine are beer nuts, m&m’s and pretzel sticks.
    Brown licorice, Dots candy, Bit o’ Honey , cherry cordial kisses (to die for) and any chocolate with raspberry. shelled pistachios and Lemon meringue pie. It’s terrible because there is no stop button. I’ll literally just keep eating them till they are gone. lol
    I love Doris Day movies and my daughter would love this. SO good luck to everyone.
    Carol L
    Lucky4750 (at) aol (dot) com

21. Annalisa Thaler says:

I wish I could say there was only one thing that I found irresistible but that is not the case…..
    Peanut Butter Cups!
    Chocolate covered marshmallows!
    Maple donuts!
    Dr. Pepper!
    Yum Yum Yum!

22. Marybeth K says:

Oh goodness! Some of yours are some of mine as well! Although the top of my list, the very tip top… Sighhhhhhh…. Cadbury Mini Eggs. Gone. A whole bag. And right next to that bag are Mint M&M’s(thank goodness Christmas is over and gone and these are not on the shelf anymore!) I would have to say the next is homemade white cake with homemade chocolate butter frosting! Yum!! Deliciously fattening! You know its bad when the hubs comes home and asks the kids who ate the cake… and… I sit there looking guilty in the corner! 😀 Mwahahah~!!

23. Ann Hymas says:

Ahhh, now I have to go make it! I have that recipe too. My favorite is the chocolate pudding, however, my husbands was butterscotch. That is how his grandma made it. Since we have been married we have tried other flavor’s of pudding and vanilla is now the overall favorite for the family, but I will always be chocolate. We call it “Chocolate Layered Dessert”. It is actually out of the “Lion House Recipe Book”.

The snacks I can’t resist? Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies, homemade cake/frosting, and homemade cinnamon rolls! I can resist almost anything in a store prepackaged, but when I am home it is just too easy to make something from scratch!

24. Teya Peck says:

I LOVE this posting, your so cute! My Irresistibles, well I’m a bit old-fashioned myself. I’m constantly cold so if there is Hot Chocolate mix anywhere in the house or being made and my sweet husband asks I just give him “the look”. We even have a hot chocolate maker. LOVE IT! My other Irresistable is chocolate, why I’m on a constant diet, If it’s dipped in chocolate if it is chocolate. Easiest is peanut m&m’s. I also make my own chocolates for my business. Ya, you can immagine my dilema in that!
    Now I have to try this truffle thing, “You’ll be the death of me, girl”.

25. Teya Peck says:

AH! I forgot to mention, I make award winning (Litterally) family recipy of “Million Dollar Fudge” this is my all time nemisis. There is a good reason why I only make it on rare and special occations. I entered this in a contest I had a booth at with my confectional sweets and won first place.
    YUMMMMY!!!

26. Brooke says:

Peanut M&M’s are my #1 irresistable, coming in a close second are cadbury mini eggs. I also love cherry ju ju hearts I can get this time of year. They never last long. Any kind of cookie dough I just cannot resist, I have to bake them because then I eat much less.

27. Gina Larsen says:

Irresistible?

-You.

That’s it. If you’re book is lying there…I can’t do anything else.

Gina

28. Megan E says:

I’m afraid if I start listing my irresistibles … I just won’t be able to stop!! 🙂 Many of my favorites have already been listed in previous posts, but I simply cannot resist a bag of Ruffles potato chips once the bag is opened, chocolate covered almonds from Costco (my mother-in-law got me hooked on those!!), and smiles from my husband and kids … I just love knowing they are happy!!! 🙂

29. Megan E says:

I almost forgot … I like to eat a good salty cashew at the same time as eating a Hershey’s kiss … too good!!!

30. Nancye Davis says:

Let’s see………CHOCOLATE!!! Yummy! That would include M & M’s, Reese Cups, Hershey Bar with Almonds, brownies, cake, chocolate chip cookies, chocolate donuts………………………………..seeing a pattern here? 🙂 We always have to have chocolate in the house. AT ALL TIMES!!! You know the saying, “If momma’s not happy, no one’s happy!” One time I got the hubs to go out on chocolate run really late at night for me! What a good man!! Sorry this is SO long!!

nancyecdavis AT bellsouth DOT net

31. Jennifer H says:

Oh yum…

Homemade -layered- Devil’s Food (the Betty Crocker box mix kind) Cake with Homemade Almond Butter Cream frosting – to die for, so good!

French Silk Pie from Village Inn – have not perfected that recipe at home yet…

Homemade Sugar cookies also with homemade Almond Butter cream frosting…

Vanilla Icecream with chocolate syrup… or hot fudge, or pecans and caramel…

Oh boy… it’s time for dessert! ;^)

32. Frankie Sutton says:

Irresistible to me:

Hugs and kisses from my grandchildren
    Chocolate Cheesecake
    Hot biscuits slathered with butter
    Snowy day by the fireplace with a great book
    Hot chocolate with marshmallows
    Fried Chicken with Mashed potatoes
    Hershey’s Kisses
    Peanut Butter straight from the jar

33. Megan A says:

My irresistibles would be milkshakes, candied almonds, Junior Mints, Reese’s Miniatures, Original Pringles and breadsticks.

34. Holly says:

I love Sordid Day and Howard Keel. My favorite two movies with Howard Keel are Annie get your gun and Seven brides for seven brothers. I just can’t decide which one is better. Now favorite foods, well there are so many. But if there happens to be homemade oreo cookies with homemade cream cheese frosting, well let’s just say they aren’t in the house for very long! 😉

35. Karen Foster says:

I love “Calamity Jane”; I’ve been wanting to watch it lately!!!
    I love watching musicals!!! Some of my favorite “irresistibles” are:
    Symphony Candy Bars w/or w/out toffee, Plain M&M’s, Hershey’s Candy Kisses, Turtles, Fudge, Ice Cream, Seafood, Popeye’s Chicken, Pizza,
    Bit o’ Honey, Cheetos, ‘Simply Orange’ Orange Juice, etc… and pictures!!!
    I love looking at pictures, taking pictures, etc… 🙂

36. Angel Davis says:

So my aunt has been on me for about a year to buy Calamity Jane. But with this contest I thought how about trying to win it! lol

I’ve come to the conclusion that I am addicted to the ‘Wise’ Cheese Doodles. Will Eat Entire Bag!

Also the Lindt Chocolate Bars. I’m talking 4.4 oz of pure perfection. I’ll take it upstairs because sharing just isn’t an option!