Beat the January Blahs with…Coyotes!

You are currently browsing comments. If you would like to return to the full story, you can read the full entry here: “Beat the January Blahs with…Coyotes!”.

24 Responses to Beat the January Blahs with…Coyotes!

1. Heather says:

Winter blaws. Bleck. Nothing to look forward too. Bleck. I’m right there with ya. Happy New Year.

2. What an exhilarating morning!!! I have not seen a coyote before. If you are out at our Target or the mall late at night sometimes you can see a kitfox. I love there big ears.

3. Peggy H. Meyers says:

You should like Roadrunners since it is the New Mexico State bird!! I don’t know how you could be so calm with coyotes so close to you. Hope you and Kevin/Clive have a great day. Enjoy the blue sky and bright sunshine and think about new beginnings, it helps to beat the blahs!!

4. Heather Hilmer says:

Our family loves the Road Runner and Wile E. cartoons!! And the book seems cute and one my kids would enjoy reading (always looking for something to keep their interest in reading). Love how you found the book and DVD to go along with your morning coyote adventures! Fun! =)

5. Becca O. says:

I’ve been experiencing my own January Blahs accompanied with pregnancy aches and pains and a nasty flu bug that insists on rotating through the family. Maybe coyotes is just what I need. 🙂 And how have I never heard of Hank the Cowdog? I bet my little girls would love it.

6. Susan M says:

We have no coyotes here I’m afraid ….. still we have the beautiful mediterranean sea with loads of dolphins! 🙂 In any case “Happy New Year” Mrs Marcia Lynn McClure!

7. AubreyB says:

Love love love Modern Family! So glad you’re a fan, too. My kids would love the DVD and I remember reading Hank the Cowdog when I was a little kid. 🙂

8. Nikki Walls says:

I love Road Runner and Wile E. Coyote cartoons! They are my favorite. :]

9. Nikalicious says:

January is the armpit of the year. BUT! The armpit can still be a nice spot to stick cold hands…right? Hope you don’t get caught on an escalator on your way to room 207 in your trench coat. Your armpits might get exposed.

10. Marybeth K says:

I have 3 boys and they always wonder and ask why the coyote can’t ever catch the roadrunner!! “It isn’t fair, Mom! Sometimes I just wish the coyote could catch the roadrunner! Cheer for the underdog, ya know, Mom?” Haha! I admit, I wondered that as a kid myself!

11. Crystal J. says:

I grew up watching the roadrunner and Wile E. Coyote! They are classic and they beat the cartoons they have now, hands down! Thanks for the fun random contests 🙂

12. Nate says:

It sounds like you need to start packing. Get yourself a little pistol and and maybe, just maybe you could have yourself a full mount coyote in your house. That may help not only the Blahs of January but some other blahs that happen off and on throughout the year. B-{)

13. Carolyn Hansen says:

A dvd with Wyle E. Coyote cool!! Especially since my baby boy’s nickname is Wylie (that is one of his nick names at least!).

14. Holli Gamero says:

Wile E Coyote is great. My kids enjoy watching it as much as I did. You are awesome.

15. Beth says:

Growing up on a ranch I miss the cayotes sounds. I love hank the.cowdog. I just read it at school with my class love make differnt voices for all animals in the story. My tai. Boys love just laugh and laugh at shows like the roadrunner and Willie

16. Pam Sullivan says:

I went to Arches Nat. Park in Oct. and thought how it looked like Roadrunner country.

17. Carol Knight says:

I have lots of coyotes around my house. My kids even go to coyote hills elementary.

18. Heather M. says:

Absolutely nothing better that Wile E. Coyote ‘Super Genius’ and Roadrunner! Except maybe adding Hank! I love that dog, I haven’t read that since I was a kid but it’s one of my greatest memories of school. Mr. Allen reading Hank’s adventures after lunch recess. . .*sigh* What a great way to survive the ‘month that must not be named’!

19. Linda J. says:

We had coyotes where I grew up. My Dad always made us carry a whistle as a good long blast would startle them off and alert my folks “critters were in the area”. At least, more critters than us kids.
    We’re having unseasonably warm and sunny weather in our location. NO snow! It actually looks and feels like March. We were flying kites in the school yard last weekend? January Blahs? I think we skipped ’em. We’re ready for the Easter Bunny….

20. Mippy says:

Hi Marcia!
    I loooove the beautiful flowers you have posted above! Sooo lovely! 🙂
    I would love to share part of the prize. My friend loves Wylie coyote and my fave was always Roadrunner…lol I’d share the DVD with him and I’d keep the book for myself as my b-day gift! 🙂
    We don’t have coyote probs here but my mom has had a mountain lion or some type on her front porch before. It left tracks.

21. Pamela Hulse says:

I love the road runner! It was my favorite show growing up!

22. Jan-Berry says:

Marcia, I definitely would be packing a pistol if I had coyotes comming in my yard. Girl you live such an exciting life there in NM with Kevin and the little peeps. Happy New Year and always be happy. Of course, Dylan would love the Roadrunner cartoons. Did you know that here my nickname is roadrunner? Everyone thinks I go all the time. Whatever, they just don’t know. Be safe

23. Brooke R. says:

Hi Marcia,
    My son loves Hank the Cow Dog. He wants me to get him new ones from the library every week.

24. Ann Buttars says:

Thank you for starting my day with a good laugh ! January is a BLAH month. Of course for me, since my birthday is in January the month is even worse.