Another Kevin Bacon Epiphany! (And the winner of the Almond Roca!)

You are currently browsing comments. If you would like to return to the full story, you can read the full entry here: “Another Kevin Bacon Epiphany! (And the winner of the Almond Roca!)”.

14 Responses to Another Kevin Bacon Epiphany! (And the winner of the Almond Roca!)

1. Kate Sparks says:

Awesome story, in more ways than one…. but you had me at ‘bacon’…. My favorite condiment!!

2. Patricia Barraclough says:

I saw the TV piece they did on Tim’s Place, probably on 60 Minutes. Wise parents and an inspiring story.
    I have never done the six degrees from Kevin Bacon thing. I doubt I would get much of a connection. We do enjoy bacon even more than chocolate.
    Thanks for the interesting post. It is nice to see families taking their Downs Syndrome out as a regular member of the family. I can remember a time when they’re were hidden away.

3. Michelle Zeugin says:

Hi Marcia! I cannot tell you how much this touches my heart! You see, I am a para professional ( a fancy name for aid) to special needs children! My student this year happens to be an amazing young athlete who just happens to have Down Syndrome! I love the story of Tim’s place! I feel Special people shine with a joyful light! Thanks for sharing!

4. Teya says:

Marcia, I absolutely love that you get all nervous a talk! Love love that you love Kevin Bacon! I love that you share that special part in your heart of your niece and nephew with downs! So sweet! I understand with a child who is special needs just not as visible.
    Okay story in my home town of Sugar City. Oh, oh, we had a huge grain silo that stood like forever, right. This is how sooo not exciting Sugar City is we all gathered (as close as possible) to it to watch, video and picture the grain silo being blown up. Falling and crashing to oblivion. Happy sad moment.

My Kevin Bacon number I nannies for David Pocus and through him I met Harry Connick Jr. Handed him David Pogues baby at the time. Harry was in my dig skip with Kevin Bacon. I love it a little nobody like me in Idaho and I’m that close in degree to Kevin Bacon. LOVE IT!!
    You so fun Marcia!!!

5. Kelly Winland says:

You had me at bacon! If by some chance I’m the winner, don’t tell my boys — my personal bacon stash needs replenished 😉 I’ve no clue what my Bacon number is, probably in the thousands though :/ And I love how you go from bumping into an old friend, to a special family time, to your niece’s Bacon number – it’s a little scary how I totally understood where you were going with it all! 🙂

6. Lori Van Noy says:

I think my Bacon number is 4. Here it goes, please correct me if I am wrong, my brother-in-law Jeff has a friend who was an extra in “the dance” scene of Footloose. Which, of course, starred Kevin Bacon. Wait? Is that 3? I don’t know. Anywho, my number is either 3 or 4. Cool! I love you and your books.

7. Dusti Hugh says:

I am extremely socially awkward and tend to say the most ridiculous and nonsensical things when I get nervous and then think about them forever afterwards and wonder why I said that!!
    Anyway, I rarely share this, but my Bacon number is 2. My dad was extremely involved in the filming industry in the smallish town that I grew up in, which was a very popular destination for film makers. Because of this, I was dragged into being involved in many films and commercials in different capacities and giving me my Bacon number.
    I worked as a stand-in for Robin Tunney on the film Riders of the Purple Sage (my horse was the star “bad guy’s” mount). This meant that I worked directly with, and got to know Ed Harris just about everyday that summer, who was in Apollo 13 with Kevin Bacon. Wish I would have known back then about this and I would have asked him about Kevin!!

8. Amy Cook says:

OK…so my Bacon # would be five (?) because I know your sister-in-law Kristi, who knows you, you know Darren Dalton..etc., etc. (I think that makes it 5!). Still blows my mind that Kristi is your sister-in-law!!! LOVE that lady & her family!! 😀

9. Katsie says:

Love your blog, you babe woman! I pretended you told me this story over lunch and I was so involved in your story that I made the butter flip across the room. Oh wait, did that really happen??!?

My Kevin Bacon #…. 1) I had a college professor, who’s 2) son was a stunt double for 3) KB for the gymnastics in the footloose dance scene. Is that 3 also? Not as exciting as personally knowing a hottie who grew up to be a movie star and have a hottie nephew-waiter, but there ya go! xox

10. Kirsten says:

So with a little help, because I’m not good at figuring these things out myself, I have a couple “Bacon Numbers!” This first one is my favorite because it seemed like such an odd correlation. My friend Melanie’s husband Matt’s grandfather Bob King coached Larry Bird on the Indiana State University basketball team. Larry Bird was in the movie Space Jam with Bill Murray. Bill Murray was in the movie “Wild Things” with Kevin Bacon. That’s 6 degrees, I think?

This next one, which is my closest number, a 3 I think, it pretty good. My aunt Kim’s parents live next to Kevin Bacon’s parents. BAM! Kind of awesome!

This is fun! I might try this with a few of my other celebrity crushes like my favorite, Hugh Jackman, and my newest, Channing Tatum! 🙂

11. Kirsten says:

Oh! I misunderstood! My aunt Kim’s parents live by HIS home! Not his parents so I guess that’s a 2! Woohoo! 🙂

12. Katsie says:

Oh p.s. Hubster’s # is 2. He watched a basketball game with Mimi Rogers and Tom Cruise when they stayed at the hotel he was working for. Mimi was filming, Tom came to visit. He set up the game in a suite and they invited him to watch. I was jealous. So I also just realized a second route that my # is 3! Oh yeah!

13. Katie Leatham says:

I think my Bacon # is 4? My college (at Ricks!) roommate’s uncle is an actor who has been in movies with Tom Hanks and other various people who have worked with Kevin Bacon. I don’t think he’s been in anything with Kevin Bacon but I could be wrong and that could lower my #!

Cute tidbit, I overheard my oldest son say to his sister the other day, “Don’t be silly Cassidy, there’s no one in the universe who doesn’t like bacon!” Needless to say, it’s one of our favorite treats. 🙂

14. Rogelio says:

I read a lot of interesting articles here. Probably you
    spend a lot of time writing, i know how to save you
    a lot of time, there is an online tool that creates high quality, google friendly articles in minutes, just type in google –
    laranitas free content source