Okay…I know everyone is doing this, but I think it’s a pretty good (not to mention fun) idea! I think it’s a great thing to add to your journal or personal history, too! So, I’m hopping on the bandwagon! However, you know me well enough to know that there’s no way I could ever do it in 30 consecutive days…so I’m going to do 30 days, but like two or three a week. Besides, I want to do one more Elvis Month Contest tomorrow, so I need to be able to do stuff like that, too!
Now…15 facts…hmmm….hard one…and I think I’ll go with ‘random’ rather than ‘well thought out’…
1. I LOVE marbles! Seriously! You have no idea how much I love them! I just love to have them sitting around in jars…AND…I LOVE to sort them! I find it very therapeutic to just dump out a jar of marbles on a dishtowel or blanket and sort them. Ahhhhh!
2. I don’t like Stuffed Bell Peppers! I like the insides (the rice mixture and everything) and I love bell peppers in stuff…but I don’t like Stuffed Bell Peppers!
3. My favorite meal to eat out is Breakfast! Oooo! I love it! Especially when you can get pancakes, hash browns, eggs, and Bacon AND Sausage! I love breakfast meat!
4. I like wind chimes but ONLY the hand-tuned kinded (which I LOVE!)! I love to be lying on the couch with the windows open in spring and fall and hear hand-tuned wind chimes tinkling here and there.
5. I cannot sleep well on sheets that have any kind of a pattern on them. Not stripes of flowers or anything! It keeps me awake because I feel like I’m surrounded by noise. I also prefer white sheets. Dark colored sheets have the same consequences as patterned sheets.
6. I have a mummified frog that my uncle sent to me a year or so ago. I keep him in a little shadow box because he’s kind of stinky. (The frog…not my uncle!)
7. I’m suffer from arachnophobia! However, not as badly as I used to! As long as it’s not a black widow, I can usually smash a spider with a shoe now. I used to just put mason jars over them and save them for Kevin to vanquish.
8. My favorite comic strip is FoxTrot! However, since the artist of that one retired, I’d choose Baby Blues or Zits as my favorite now.
9. I love to drop movie quotes when they apply to real life. One of my favorites is when Trent comes home from school with stories of all the junk that goes on, I like to say, “Screw you guys! I hate High School!” from the movie She’s the Man.
10. For years and years and years, our family had a boys ‘cup’ (the plastic thing that goes in an athletic supporter) in our junk drawer…because even though my boys didn’t play t-ball or baseball any more, I thought it might come in handy some day!
11. When we were cleaning out my grandparents house (once they’d both passed away) I found some of their discarded teeth in their junk drawer. Don’t worry! I kept them! They’re in my cedar chest in a little jewelry box!
12. Perfumes I have worn in the past are Lauren by Ralph Lauren, Anais Anais by Chacharel, and White Shoulders by Evyn. I like a simple vanilla body spray now.
13. My favorite Neil Diamond song is Girl, You’ll be a Woman Soon, and I’ve loved it since I was a little, little girl!
14. One of my favorite snacks is a toasted “everything” bagel with cream cheese and bacon! (Most of the time I use Hormel REAL bacon bits because that’s easier!)
15. I LOVE to go to the movies and I LOVE to see movies I like over and over and over at the theater!
Well, there we go! 1 day down and only 29 to go! This is kind of fun! Are you doing it, too?