Just for fun (and please DO post your faves for me), I’m listing 10 childrens books I think every family should read and/or own! (These are what would be categorized as picture books.) I tend to contemplate this a lot more at this time of year when I’m Christmas shopping and in search of treasure for little nieces, nephews and children of friends. This isn’t necessarily a 1-10 list…just 10 I think are invaluable when it comes to reading to children.
1. Andrew Henry’s Meadow (by Doris Burn)
2. Put Me in the Zoo (by Robert Lopshire)
3. The Bears’ Picnic (Stan and Jan Berenstain)
4. The Worrywarts (Pamela Duncan Edwards)
5. Sailor Moo: Cow at Sea (Lisa Wheeler)
6. The Napping House (Audrey and Don Wood)
7. The Relatives Came (Cynthia Rylant)
8. Apple Tree Christmas (Trinka Hakes Noble)
9. Green Eggs and Ham (Dr. Seuss)
10. Rosebud and Red Flannel (Ethel Pochocki)
In truth, my list of faves could easily be in the 100s! These are just the 10 that come to mind first! Please do let me know your own lists! I’m always on the lookout for fabulous childrens books!